Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Dazzle

Made an appointment at the bridal salon!

Mom and I will be going Saturday morning to see the dress I fell in love with online. Cross your fingers that it looks good on me! The thing about this particular dress is its limited availability. I actually found it on theknot.com and have since seen it in The Knot magazine. In no other magazines have I even seen a mention of the designer, Justin Alexander Couture. When I first looked on theknot.com, I noticed that it said it's not even available in Illinois! However it showed retailers in both Arizona and Wisconsin. Since my brother lives in Arizona, I could always look at it out there while I'm visiting or I could drive up to Wisconsin to check it out, that wouldn't be unheard of. Well, as luck would have it, some further digging around revealed an availability at one store in Illinois. Eva's Bridals of Oak Lawn. That was back in January that I made that discovery. Now, today, I went back to the Web site but Eva's was no longer listed as a retailer! So I called them up to see if they have the dress. Sure enough, they do! Hooray!

I'm also in cahoots with a good friend of mine regarding some special gifts for my bridesmaids. It's a secret, but I'll just say that it will be dazzling!

No comments: