Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Dress

I got it! The dress I've been oggling online is mine!

Mom and I went to the salon today for our appointment (which they seemed to have lost but were very pleasant and accommodated me anyway). We were greeted by a lovely woman named Cindy who got right to it. I told her I was there to see a particular style and she showed me to the fitting room. She found the dress pronto and it was on! With my waist cincher firmly in place, she slipped the gown over my head as we discussed the uniqueness of the gown. Next, she slipped on the matching jacket and voila! I looked like a bride! The dress is everything I thought it would be and more. The color is lovely and I think the fit of the dress is perfect for my body type. I've never stood in front of a mirror and felt so lovely.
"I like it," I said shyly, afraid to let my 10,000 watt smile show.
"But do you love it?" Cindy asked.
There it was. I couldn't hold it in anymore. The smile still hasn't come off my face when I think of that dress.
Measurements out of the way, it was on to the veil. The one I ended up choosing is one they handmade at the store, so Cindy specified the measurements of the veil for the designer. She told me it would be made from the same material as the netting on the dress.
I'm sorry I can't add more specifics about the gown, I plan to save it for family only until the wedding. Some things just have to be a surprise.
However, I will say, that upon showing Joe's lifelong friend Avery the pictures of the dress online, he mentioned that it looked like something Vera Ellen would have worn in White Christmas (1954), which is exactly what I thought when I saw it. The song of the same name was my grandparent's wedding song, as they were married in December. Just another tidbit about this wedding that makes it so special to me.

No comments: