Wednesday, March 26, 2008

How Pretty

I've decided to start looking at linens. While the ballroom will have some very nice linens, they're not floor length. Maybe I've watched too many wedding shows, but it seems to be a big deal to have floor length linens. So I started researching places to rent from locally and I found M&M Special Events in Carol Stream (they also have a location in Carollton, TX). I started browsing their samples and wow! They have a ton of gorgeous finds!
This was my first favorite.I really like the way the light catches the vines. I think this would be a pretty setup for the linens. It's their mocha vine overlay. I would layer this on top of a chocolate colored solid linen that goes all the way to the floor, just like in the picture. Imagine it with a tall centerpiece with raspberry colored flowers, perfect for fall!
My only hesitation is that I think most people would expect white linens for a wedding. Does it matter if I go with a color? The ballroom itself doesn't have much white in it and I'm afraid that white linens would stand out too much. What do you think? Color or not?

No comments: